Nurse-Led Health Clinics: Operations, Policy, and Opportunities Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Delivers a wealth of information for nurses who wish to open and manage their own health clinics
Public health nursing-with its focus on compassionate, holistic care and services to the poor, the aged, those suffering from social injustice, and those without adequate health facilities-had its origins over a century ago with the founding of the Henry Street Settlement in New York City. Embracing the same foundational principles, Nurse-Led Health Clinics is the first book to describe innovative, nurse-managed solutions for improving health care today. It addresses the key business, policy, medical, financial, and operational considerations necessary for successfully opening and operating nurse-led health facilities. With the mission to dramatically expand access to primary and preventive health care, these clinics provide a full range of services-including primary care, health promotion, disease prevention, and behavioral health care-to residents of underserved communities throughout the United States.
The book delivers a wealth of comprehensive information for nurses who are considering opening their own clinics. Reinforced with best-practice models and case studies, it discusses what it takes to successfully start and run a nurse-managed health center. The book addresses the history and growth of nurse-led clinics and describes the nurse-led paradigm of care. It identifies the different types of nurse-led clinics (primary care, school based, wellness, and more) and the clinical services offered within them. Also discussed are the requirements and mind-set of potential consumers and strategies for sustainability along with the role of the collaborative team. The pros and cons of a variety of business and operations models are examined along with quality metrics and initiatives. The book also covers various state and federal policy challenges and opportunities and explores the future of nurse-led care in view of ongoing health care reform. Helpful appendices include a start-up checklist, sample bylaws, and a managed-care contracting toolkit.
- Describes key business, policy, medical, financial, and operational considerations for running a nurse-managed health center
- Addresses the pros and cons of a variety of business models for nurse-led care
- Identifies the most common clinical services offered
- Presents quality metrics, best-practice models, and case studies
- Includes state and federal policy and regulatory challenges and opportunities
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $55.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.