Nursing's Greatest Leaders: A History of Activism Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Uniquely focuses on nursing history through the lens of leadership
" This book is perfect for men and women who aspire to lead nursing and society into a better future. It will equally benefit undergraduate students enrolled in leadership courses, graduate students preparing for leadership roles, and nurses already established in leadership roles. [This book] deepened my love for nursing and reinforced why nursing is repeatedly ranked the most trusted profession."
-Susan B. Hassmiller , PhD, RN, FAAN
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Senior Adviser for Nursing
Director, Campaign for Action
With an emphasis on the qualities that have fostered strong nursing leadership, this book provides a unique perspective on the lives and achievements of the most revered nurses throughout history. It is comprised of biographies of many of nursing’s most important activist agents of change, with a focus on those characteristics that enabled them to accomplish their goals and implement changes that improved nursing, health, healthcare, and society. These biographies examine the evolution of nursing and society around the globe and underscore the resourcefulness and political savvy these nurses used to meet the increasingly complex needs of society.
Using Kouzes and Posner’s five practices of exemplary leadership as a framework, the biographies demonstrate how the nurses used these processes to achieve their goals. Placed within the context and dynamics of each nurse leader’s lifetimeóincluding gender roles, science and technology, religion, politics, and economics—each biography includes a personal history, timeline, accomplishments, anecdotes, and legacy. The book honors such well-known nurse leaders as Florence Nightingale, Clara Barton, and Dorothea Dix, along with less well-known nurse leaders. By telling the stories of these prominent luminaries, the book showcases nursing’s rich history and its influence on society. Ultimately fostering an understanding of the very nature of leadership, it provides a strong foundation and inspiration for nurses to lead nursing, healthcare, and society into a better future.
Focuses on nursing history through the lens of leadership
Uses the framework of Kouzes and Posner’s five practices of exemplary leadership to analyze the achievements of nurse luminaries
Considers the lives of well-known and lesser-known figures in nursing history
Focuses on leadership characteristics that enabled historic nurse leaders to implement important changes in global healthcare
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $56.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.