Nutritional and Herbal Therapies for Children and Adolescents Ebook
A Handbook for Mental Health Clinicians
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 1926 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This volume assists practicing mental health professionals in expanding their knowledge about nutritional and herbal interventions that can be attempted as alternatives to prescription medications. Designed to provide guidance for non-medical caregivers treating children and adolescents who present with emotional and/or behavioral difficulties such as such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, sleep difficulties, impulsivity, distractibility, and other psychological and psychiatric disorders, the volume provides a comprehensive discussion of naturopathic solutions based on existing research. In areas where research is not extensive, conclusions are provided about potentially beneficial effects based on the specific pharmacologic action of the compounds. Dosage for specific age groups, schedules of administration, dietary considerations (i.e., whether or not to take the supplement with food), monitoring for response and adverse effects, signs of dangerous reactions, and the need to control interactions with other compounds (i.e., prescription medications) are thoroughly reviewed with regard to each supplement discussed in the book.
Reviews specific psychological disorders (i.e. ADHD, depression, mania, anxiety, sleep difficulties, tic behaviors and autism) and the available data about their treatment with the use of nutritional and herbal supplements.
Provides rationale for the use of every specific compound with detailed recommendations tailored for each age group with regard to the dosage, frequency of administration, possible dangers and monitoring for side effects.
Discusses claims of efficacy used to market various products and ground those claims within fully vetted scientific research.
Discusses neurobiology, pharmacodynamics and pharmokinetics in detailed but accessible language
*Non-medical clinicians with limited knowledge of medicine and pharmacology come away with understanding of key issues involved in
Fully covers assessment, diagnosis & treatment of children and adolescents, focusing on evidence-based practices *
Consolidates broadly distributed literature into single source and specifically relates evidence-based tools to practical treatment, saving clinicians time in obtaining and translating information and improving the level of care they can provide
Detailed how-to explanation of practical evidence-based treatment techniques
*Gives reader firm grasp of how to more effectively treat patients
Material related to diversity (including race, ethnicity, gender and social class) integrated into each chapter*
Prepares readers for treating the wide range of youth they will encounter in practice
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $85.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.