Obomsawin of Sioux Junction Ebook
Publication Date: September 2010
File Size: 1795 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 22.42% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
One fine spring morning, a float plane lands on a lake near the northern Ontario town of Sioux Junction, and three men get out: a judge, a Crown prosecutor and a defence attorney. The trial of Thomas Obomsawin, a native painter who has been accused of setting fire to his mother’s house, is scheduled to begin. It soon becomes clear that it is not only the painter who is on trial but everyone in Sioux Junction – from Jo and Cécil Constant, who own the town’s only hotel, to the Sauvé brothers, whose decision to close down the sawmill has spelled the death of Sioux Junction, right up to the judge and the lawyers themselves. But at the heart of this novel is the tumultuous life of Thomas Obomsawin: his life and his art, his wiles and his weaknesses, his talent and his tragedy. Filled with humour and compassion, biting satire and flashing insight, Obomsawin of Sioux Junction is the story of a town – and a country – divided and united by language and history.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $13.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.