Out of the Dark: Into the Garden of Hope Ebook
Publication Date: December 2011
File Size: 7633 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Dr. Sam Keo is now an honored clinical psychologist working for the county of Los Angeles, and his story is one of triumph over adversity-but not without a cost.
The third of eleven children, Sam was in the eleventh grade when the Khmer Rouge took over Cambodia. They abolished schools and sent the children to work on farms. Those they deemed a threat were tortured and starved. Sam was sent to these farms, where he was beaten, tortured, and left for dead on numerous occasions. His father and sister were killed by the Communists, and four of his younger brothers died of starvation and disease before they reached the age of ten. But Sam refused to die; he eventually made the journey to what he hoped would be a better life in America.
Like many of his fellow Cambodians, Sam struggles with the impact of posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD. His own unique experiences, from trauma to success, have made it easier for him to empathize with others facing similar stresses. There are uncalculated challenges in the underserved Asian population, especially among the former refugees from Southeast Asia, such as the Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian, and Vietnamese people.
He was told that America was the land of opportunity, but that was a dream the young immigrant found difficult to pursue. His Cambodian caseworker told him that he would never amount to anything, but he refused to let his dream die either. Now, he shares his story.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.18. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.