You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2004
File Size: 3352 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 21.87% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
To the unaccustomed traveler, the overlands is a place of extremes. It’s a place where temperature swings and fluctuations in humidity bring on rapid fatigue; it’s a place where the sun washes the body with searing ultra-violet rays that accelerate aging and decay; it’s a place where technology is abandoned in favour of hard toil and long work days. But worst of all, it’s a place of mortality.
The inhabitants, however, see it differently. They would argue that the overlands is a paradise: the rich harvest afforded by a diminished population and the restoration of the natural landscape. They would argue that they’re the envy of their forefathers, and the only true preservers of man’s civilization.
As far as they’re concerned, their subsoil counterparts are inconsequential. Those people can live in their magnificent cities: cities littered with historical monuments and artifacts raped from the overlands. They can float about in their wonderland with all its wizardry and play out their meaningless existences. Just so long as they keep to themselves.
But Carlos has other plans. A shadow-hopper through and through, he’s besotted by the rugged appeal of overland life. And he’s happy to give up everything, including his life long friends, to immigrate and immerse himself in it. So, with his fair-skinned partner at his side, he makes a clean break and leaves his old world behind.
His friends are devastated. They’re still reeling two years later when they get word that Carlos has disappeared- possibly the victim of foul play. Advised by their council that the overland city-states have no interest in the disappearance, Carlos’ old friends are persuaded to investigate themselves. That means going into the overlands. That means subjecting themselves to all the dangers of mortal life.
Unfortunately, things on the surface get about as bad as they could have imagined. Their own lack of cultural finesse and local knowledge sees them incarcerated in a tall ship, at the mercy of a local captain. And that man- the last person to see their old klassmates – is no stable individual. The group suffers injury and humiliation on board his wooden schooner, and are eventually marooned on an island. There they run into one of their lost companions, only to find out that the dolt is responsible for the whole mess in the first place.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.68. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.