Pattern Recognition Ebook
Publication Date: April 2006
File Size: 10743 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
A classic — offering comprehensive and unified coverage with a balance between theory and practice!
Pattern recognition is integral to a wide spectrum of scientific disciplines and technologies including image analysis, speech recognition, audio classification, communications, computer-aided diagnosis, and data mining. The authors, leading experts in the field of pattern recognition, have once again provided an up-to-date, self-contained volume encapsulating this wide spectrum of information.
Each chapter is designed to begin with basics of theory progressing to advanced topics and then discusses cutting-edge techniques. Problems and exercises are present at the end of each chapter with a solutions manual provided via a companion website where a number of demonstrations are also available to aid the reader in gaining practical experience with the theories and associated algorithms.
This edition includes discussion of Bayesian classification, Bayesian networks, linear and nonlinear classifier design (including neural networks and support vector machines), dynamic programming and hidden Markov models for sequential data, feature generation (including wavelets, principal component analysis, independent component analysis and fractals), feature selection techniques, basic concepts from learning theory, and clustering concepts and algorithms. This book considers classical and current theory and practice, of both supervised and unsupervised pattern recognition, to build a complete background for professionals and students of engineering.
FOR INSTRUCTORS: To obtain access to the solutions manual for this title simply register on our textbook website (textbooks.elsevier.com)and request access to the Computer Science or Electronics and Electrical Engineering subject area. Once approved (usually within one business day) you will be able to access all of the instructor-only materials through the “Instructor Manual” link on this book’s full web page.
- The latest results on support vector machines including v-SVM’s and their geometric interpretation
- Classifier combinations including the Boosting approach
- State-of-the-art material for clustering algorithms tailored for large data sets and/or high dimensional data, as required by applications such as web-mining and bioinformatics
- Coverage of diverse applications such as image analysis, optical character recognition, channel equalization, speech recognition and audio classification
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $84.87. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.