PCs: The Missing Manual Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2005
File Size: 15963 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Your vacuum comes with one. Even your blender comes with one. But your PC—something that costs a whole lot more and is likely to be used daily and for tasks of far greater importance and complexity—doesn’t come with a printed manual. Thankfully, that’s not a problem any longer: PCs: The Missing Manual explains everything you need to know about PCs, both inside and out, and how to keep them running smoothly and working the way you want them to work.
A complete PC manual for both beginners and power users, PCs: The Missing Manual has something for everyone. PC novices will appreciate the unassuming, straightforward tutorials on PC basics, such as hooking up a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, and scanner. Families will enjoy sections on networking several computers to share an Internet connection, sharing one monitor between two PCs, connecting portable media players, and creating a home theater system. Adventurous PC users will like the clear photos explaining how to take your PC apart and replace or upgrade any failing parts; IT professionals will be grateful to have something to hand to their coworkers who need solid, trusted information about using their PC.
In PCs: The Missing Manual , bestselling computer author Andy Rathbone delivers simple, reliable advice on the kinds of things PC users confront every day. He shows you how to connect and configure today’s must-have devices (including digital cameras, portable music players, digital camcorders, and keychain drives); burn CDs and DVDs; scan and fax documents, and more. His section on the Internet explains how to choose the best Internet Service Provider and web browser for your needs; send email; find information quickly on the Web; share photos online; set up a blog; set up a webcam; access TV and radio through the Internet; and shop safely online. And Rathbone delivers plenty of guidance on keep your privacy and your PC safe by installing firewalls, creating safe passwords, running antivirus software, removing spyware and adware, and backing up important files.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $17.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.