Person-Focused Health Care Management: A Foundational Guide for Health Care Managers Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Moves beyond traditional definitions of patient-centered care to improve the experience of a “real person” as patient
How might the entire system for producing, delivering, and paying for health care be changed so that real people fare better than they currently do? This text applies “person-focused” principles to health management decision-making aimed at improving the personal experience of care within health care institutions to improve outcomes and cost savings. Written and edited by distinguished educators and researchers with decades of health care policy experience, the text examines how health care managers can initiate and direct the process of system transformation by understanding and using a greater “person-focus” in their decision-making. It encompasses the key domains of management competencies defined by the AUPHA, CAHME, and NCHL.
The text brings together experts across a variety of health care management disciplines to examine how managerial decisions affect the personal experience of patient care. It is based on observations that many of the current problems facing health care managers are caused by lack of attention to what happens when real people are transformed into “patients” and treated routinely by the US health care system. Moving beyond traditional definitions of patient-centered care, the book explores how our entire system for producing, delivering, and paying for care can be changed so that the internal experience of people receiving care is a positive one. The book helps to develop specific rules for improving the experience of care through better managerial decision-making. Case studies with discussion questions facilitate creative problem solving based on sound decision-making. Also included are extensive links to online content along with an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint slides and more.
Describes how the person-focused model leads to better outcomes
Discusses the impact of management decisions on the personal experience of clinical care
Addresses the personal and clinical problems created through our current system’s standard health care delivery and financing
Applies basic principles of management decision-making to key operational issues to improve the personal experience of care
Fulfills key learning competencies defined by AUPHA, CAHME, and NCHL
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $69.10. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.