Peru's Amazon & Southeastern Jungle Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This guide tells you everything about where to stay & eat, what to see & do, the culture, the history, the festivals, art & cuisine. The Amazon rainforest is the largest tropical rainforest on earth. With the Brazilian Amazon being cut down at an ever-increasing rate to make room for cow pastures, Peru’s portion of the forest is still relatively wild (although, also disappearing at far too great a rate). Some government officials would like to expand logging operations in the area, so much of the forest could be destroyed in the near future. The Peruvian Amazon is losing roughly 750,000 acres of forest annually to logging, mining, oil drilling and other multinational business ventures. More than 90% of the indigenous populations have disappeared, along with two-thirds of the languages they spoke. Many tribes are on the verge of extinction and survive only in extreme parts of the forest. * Pacaya Samiria National Reserve â" The 8,100-square-mile park is Peru’s largest single reserve and the best place to see wildlife and isolated tribes in the Northern Amazon region. Highlights: * Canopy Walkway â" Near Explorama’s ExplorNapo Lodge. One of the most renowned wildlife viewing platforms in the world. * Beln floating city â" A wooden shantytown that rises and falls with the river. See one of the most unusual communities in the Americas. * Exotic dining â" Will it be a tapir steak tonight or curried alligator? How about roasted monkey? * Lake Yarinacocha â" Search for pink river dolphins and then take part in a shamanic ceremony. The Southeastern Jungle gives access to three of the world’s best natural reserves: the Manu Reserve, the National Park of Bahuaja-Sonene, and the Tambopata Reserve-Candamo. The combination contains six million acres, making it the largest natural reserve of its kind on the planet. More than 1,250 different species of butterflies, 20,000 types of plants, 1,000 species of birds (13% of the world total), 200 varieties of mammals (7% of the world total), 120 species of reptiles, and 400 types of fish have been identified here. Highlights of the Southeastern Jungle: * Manu Reserve â" One of the most diverse areas on the planet. Manu is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. * Macaw clay licks â" See hundreds, if not thousands, of macaws and other parrots feeding on the clay cliff sides at the world’s largest clay licks. * Giant river otters â" Playful and extremely rare; you’ll be lucky if you can spot one of these. * Puerto Maldonado â" Take a break from wildlife viewing and see how life operates in the Southeastern Jungle’s largest city.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.