Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2006
File Size: 32460 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
FROM THE PREFACE:
The original purpose of the First Edition of Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -to collect in one set of volumes the most current and comprehensive knowledge in our field-was also the driving force for the Fourth Edition. The explosion of information at the cellular level, made possible in part by the continued emergence of powerful molecular and cellular techniques, has resulted in a greater degree of revision than that of any other edition. The first section, now titled “Basic Cell Physiology and Growth of the Gl Tract” contains numerous new chapters on topics such as transcriptional regulation, signaling networks in development, apoptosis, and mechanisms in malignancies. Most of the chapters in this section were edited by Juanita L. Merchant. Section II has been renamed “Neural Gastroenterology and Motility” and has been expanded from seven chapters with rather classic titles to more than twenty chapters encompassing not only the movement of the various parts of the digestive tract but also cell physiology, neural regulation, stress, and the regulation of food intake. Almost all of the chapters were recruited and edited by Jackie D. Wood. The third section is entirely new and contains chapters on “Immunology and Inflammation” which were edited by Kim E. Barrett. The fourth section on the “Physiology of Secretion” consists of chapters with familiar titles, but with completely updated information to reflect the advances in our understanding of the cellular processes involved in secretion. The last section on “Digestion and Absorption” contains new chapters on the intestinal barrier, protein sorting and ion channels along with those focusing on the uptake of specific nutrients. These chapters were recruited and edited by Hamid M. Said and Fayez K. Ghishan.
· Collected in one set- the most current and comprehensive coverage of gastrointestinal physiology
· Information presented in a style that is both readable and understandable
· Valuable to the specialized researcher, the clinical gastroenterologist, the teacher, and the student
· Features an entirely new section on Immunology and Inflammation
· Each section edited by the preeminent scientist in the field
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $582.10. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.