Picabo: Nothing to Hide Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Olympic Gold Medalist Picabo Street is once again on the rise, ready to face the 2002 Olympics and tell her extraordinary story
“Picabo Street…is the kind of athlete for which the Olympics were invented.”USA Today*
“Street…has been performing at Porsche speed…dominating women’s downhill… [a] comeback queen.”Glamour
“Picabo rules… America’s irrepressible ski champion.”Skiing
Olympic Champion Picabo Street is golden once again
The moment she burst onto the world stage at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway, 23-year-old speed demon Picabo Street ignited a fire of excitement in the media and in the hearts of fans that continues to burn today. Free-spirited and outspoken, Street was a new kind of female athlete and a new kind of role model.
Street followed her silver medal win with two straight World Cup downhill titlesa feat unmatched in American skiingand finally, the ultimate Olympic gold medal win in Nagano in 1998. But success had its price. Just one month after her gold medal win, Street careened off course in a race in Switzerland, snapping her left femur in two, shredding the ligament in her right knee, and leaving her future in peril. Now, after two years of excruciating pain, grueling rehabilitation, and stunning personal growth, Street is making a comeback, ready to face the 2002 Winter Olympics and ready to tell her inspiring story.
In this powerful, honest autobiography, Street shares her coming-of-age experience, revealing how adversity shaped a rebellious tomboy into a champion athlete and compassionate woman, in harmony with her family and at peace with her fear of failure. Here, for the first time, Street addresses the pressures exerted on her by her ski sponsors that may have been partly to blame for her terrible crash; the scandals surrounding the Salt Lake City Olympic Committee; and how she overcame a lengthy, debilitating depression.
In the tradition of Lance Armstrong’s _ It’s Not About the Bike_ and Greg Louganis’s Breaking the Surface , Picabo: Nothing to Hide is a poignant, intimate account of a woman forced to rebuild herselfbody, mind, and soul.
“I learned what all girls need to learn: that you can kick ass, and you should never be ashamed of it.”Picabo Street
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $20.60. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.