Placing the Social Economy Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: September 2003
File Size: 1508 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
In recent years there has been a great deal of discussion about the social economy and the term ‘the third way’ has attained a level of household recognition, especially in America and Britain. Academics and commentators have debated the usefulness of the social economy as a restraint on capitalist excesses with some arguing that the ‘third way’ is but a poor substitute for a welfare state. This book provides a refreshing and accessible account of real life experience in a social economy.
By focusing on new evidence, this book critically analyses such themes as:
the range of academic and policy expectation that have emerged in recent years in the developed world
the policies of New Labour in Britain
*the dynamics of social enterprises in Bristol, London, Middlesbrough and Glasgow.
These critical assessments lead the authors to reflect in the future potential of the social economy and the possible policy changes that are necessary to maximise whatever opportunity the sector provides.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $73.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.