Publication Date: June 2004
File Size: 1546 Kbytes
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Each of the twelve prominent writers named on the front cover of this book shows the telling effect on his publications of Poe’s life or works, as indicated in Dr. Pollin’s articles and reviews. Their “testimony” varies: Kipling states his great “debt to Poe”; Henry James, in two important works pivotally quotes from Poe’s novel and The Raven ; Walter de la Mare’s tale features Poe as a reluctant ghost; a major novel by Thomas Mann links the chief characters and their declining family to those of “Usher”; James Thurber in cartoon sketches and tales reveals himself to be “haunted by Poe”; in Melville’s fictions are seventy unmistakable traces for characters, situations, and settings; the same is true for Stephen King plus his ending thematically every chapter in Gerald’s Game with “Nevermore”; Ginsberg devotedly visits Poe’s various homes, lauds him by name in his own poems, and teaches his works as models; Terry Southern purposefully recreates his teenage enthusiasm for Poe’s horror-filled Pym ; Stevenson knowledgeably evaluates Poe’s works in numerous commentaries for an unpublished review; and Hemingway’s fiction appears as indebted to Poe’s. In addition a final section of book reviews demonstrates Poe’s continuing sway.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.