Pondering Pogo's Enemy: One Op-Ed at a Time Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
FROM THE AUTHOR:
As of July, 2016, I have had 50 op-ed columns published in the Joplin Globe, Joplin, Missouri, which began in 2009. Given that volume of material, I had, in effect, written a book. The question then became one of selecting which op-eds to include. After making the selections, I found that they could be divided into five categories:
• Economic Issues
• Governance and Democracy
• National Security
• Political Issues
• Social Issues
Regardless of the category, each of the Op-Eds here is my own reflection on certain aspects of our social institutions and culture. But the opinions, of course, came from my own worldview.
As the writing progressed and with the subject matter sometimes pointing to the stupid stuff people do, I often thought of the famous Pogo declaration, “We have met the enemy and he is us.” Then the wheels started turning in my meager brain.
My pondering, contemplating, mulling, and cogitating about the human condition and expressing the same through a series of Op-Ed’s seemed to make sense. So, in keeping with this theme, I titled the book, “Pondering Pogo’s Enemy.”
I have selected some of what I think are the more interesting, diverse, and sometimes controversial of my commentaries to include here. Some of these appear as they were originally published. A number of others were expanded and revised as I had time.
Where I could, I added a few quotations pertinent to the topic that were not in the original piece to underscore and emphasize my point. I also added references as needed to identify the sources for the material that were not published due to restrictions on the word-count permitted by the Globe.
Of course, most of the commentary here is time-dependent and things will have likely changed by the time this book is read. There are statistics, for example, that were current at the time of the writing, but have not been updated.
Nonetheless, I hope the reader can just enjoy seeing another point of view. I hope, too, that these writings may also provide ideas for essays, or for research, or even for use in an op-ed or two.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.36. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.