Population Balances: Theory and Applications to Particulate Systems in Engineering Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: August 2000
File Size: 15788 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Engineers encounter particles in a variety of systems. The particles are either naturally present or engineered into these systems. In either case these particles often significantly affect the behavior of such systems. This book provides a framework for analyzing these dispersed phase systems and describes how to synthesize the behavior of the population particles and their environment from the behavior of single particles in their local environments.
Population balances are of key relevance to a very diverse group of scientists, including astrophysicists, high-energy physicists, geophysicists, colloid chemists, biophysicists, materials scientists, chemical engineers, and meteorologists. Chemical engineers have put population balances to most use, with applications in the areas of crystallization; gas-liquid, liquid-liquid, and solid-liquid dispersions; liquid membrane systems; fluidized bed reactors; aerosol reactors; and microbial cultures.
Ramkrishna provides a clear and general treatment of population balances with emphasis on their wide range of applicability. New insight into population balance models incorporating random particle growth, dynamic morphological structure, and complex multivariate formulations with a clear exposition of their mathematical derivation is presented. Population Balances provides the only available treatment of the solution of inverse problems essential for identification of population balance models for breakage and aggregation processes, particle nucleation, growth processes, and more. This book is especially useful for process engineers interested in the simulation and control of particulate systems. Additionally, comprehensive treatment of the stochastic formulation of small systems provides for the modeling of stochastic systems with promising new areas of applications such as the design of sterilization systems and radiation treatment of cancerous tumors.
- A clear and general treatment of population balances with emphasis on their wide range of applicability. Thus all processes involving solid-fluid and liquid-liquid dispersions, biological populations, etc. are encompassed
- Provides new insight into population balance models incorporating random particle growth, dynamic morphological structure, and complex multivariate formulations with a clear exposition of their mathematical derivation
- Presents a wide range of solution techniques, Monte Carlo simulation methods with a lucid exposition of their origin and scope for enhancing computational efficiency
- An account of self-similar solutions of population balance equations and their significance to the treatment of data on particulate systems
- The only available treatment of the solution of inverse problems essential for identification of population balance models for breakage and aggregation processes, particle nucleation and growth processes and so on
- A comprehensive treatment of the stochastic formulation of small systems with several new applications
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $214.30. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.