Powered by Principle: Using Core Values to Build World-Class Organizations Ebook
Publication Date: October 2010
File Size: 3218 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
In the course of six years of research and more than fifteen years of field work, Amie Devero has distinguished many of the key characteristics common to the thousands of organizations that maintain better than average results and ethical performance over the long term. What stood out was the degree to which they all use deep-seated core values for their decision-making and management. If you are a leader or a manager, an investor or a student, the tools and practices that are presented here will become indispensible. Powered by Principle not only explains why these types of organizations do so well, but provides a detailed, step by step guide for how to create this kind of dynamic and aligned organization. From the rationale to the exact type of process one should use to measure the expression of core values, every step is outlined here. Along the way, you will also gain knowledge of ways to develop your own thinking and mindset for this profound journey to become Principle-Powered. Regardless of your title, role or tenure, you will find a way to make your organization far better, and to make yourself better along the way. ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Amie Devero has nearly twenty years of experience in helping organizations and people produce extraordinary results.She was educated at Bennington College, Harvard University and The London School of Economics, and holds two masters degrees. After retiring from a successful career as a professional dancer, Amie founded Execufit Ltd, a wellness consulting company based in London, England. Shortly after expanding the business into the U.S., she sold it to her employees and began working as a turnaround specialist with a small venture capital firm until 1993 when she joined the National In-Line Hockey Association as Director of Operations. In the early 1990’s Amie moved to Tampa, Florida. She joined Framework Consulting in 1997 and was a partner for seven years. Amie is now the founder and president of The Devero Group, a consulting consortium that helps organizations produce outstanding results. A centerpiece of her work is the Powered by Principle approach. She is a leading expert in strategic thought, planning and execution and has consulted to such organizations as SimplexGrinnell, The Boeing Company, The Jamaica Bobsleigh Team, Guardian Life of the Caribbean, The Tampa Bay Lightning and Bayer Corporation. Along with consulting and writing, Amie is in demand as a speaker, giving keynote presentations on a variety of topics in the management and motivational areas. Over the years she has spoken to hundreds of audiences and provided training to over 10,000 people. When she isn’t writing, speaking or consulting, Amie is an avid triathlete, devoted crossword puzzle and mystery lover and single parent to three cats. Readers Comments: “An amazing book for those who examine management practices or organizational leadership. These are useful and practical concepts for many firms. The use of core values as drivers of the firm as captured here are key to many firms’ successes. As a former director in a large non profit, I found these concepts applicable to the non profit sector also. I recommend this reading and have recommended to my peers in my PhD business program… Great read by Ms. Devero!”- Christopher Noe “I enjoyed the book. It hits right on target for what the leadership needs to do in a company to maximize returns through pricipals based leadership.” -Dean Akers
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.