Prominent Dutch American Entrepreneurs Ebook
Their Contributions to American Society, Culture and Economy
Publication Date: June 2011
File Size: 3468 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The book presents the stories of the more successful Dutch American entrepreneurs, active in the United States, with some going back as far as 400 years. The majority of the entrepreneurs covered in the book were active during the past 150 years. Each of the individuals covered represent an enterprise that was well known during its respective era. In some of the cases the individuals were better known than the enterprises they represented, and some became historic figures. Some of the more famous Dutch American entrepreneurs are Cornelius Vanderbilt, and his son William Vanderbilt, transportation entrepreneurs in the nineteenth century. Also famous during the early nineteenth century was DeWitt Clinton, the driving force behind the building of the Erie Canal. During the twentieth century, there were such famous Dutch American entrepreneurs as Cecil B. DeMille, Darryl Zanuck, and others in the entertainment industry. The most successful entrepreneurs, still alive today, are the billionaire businessmen, the Koch brothers, who own the multibillion dollar Koch Industries, an oil and chemical industry firm. The book’s audience consists of academics, the public, and specifically the Dutch American public, numbering from 6 to 10 million people. The book is also an important source book and reader for college courses in Entrepreneurship, American History, Culture, Society and Economy.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $45.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.