Protein Deposition in Animals Ebook
Proceedings of Previous Easter Schools in Agricultural Science
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Protein Deposition in Animals explores the factors controlling protein deposition in farm animals including fish, poultry, and ruminants. Topics covered range from protein biosynthesis in eukaryotic cells and protein metabolism in intact animals to whole-body amino acid metabolism, synthesis of egg proteins, and metabolism of the fetus. The energy costs of protein metabolism, dietary constraints on nitrogen retention, and metabolism in muscle are also discussed. Emphasis is placed on the factors that influence protein production by animals.
This book is comprised of 15 chapters; the first of which explains some fundamental aspects of protein synthesis, followed by a topic of the molecular control of protein breakdown. Two chapters then consider the measurement of whole-body protein metabolism and the integration of the metabolism of individual organs with the rest of the animal. Two ‘tissues’, the muscle and the fetus, are singled out for detailed analysis in subsequent chapters, while another chapter describes the synthesis of egg proteins. The factors that influence overall nitrogen retention by the animals are also examined, along with the energy costs of protein deposition, hormonal influences on protein deposition, and the use of anabolic agents to manipulate growth. Two chapters, one on poultry and the other on ruminants, are concerned with predicting rates of protein deposition. This text concludes by discussing the protein metabolism in fish.
This book will be of interest to scientists working in the fields of applied biochemistry, animal nutrition and physiology, physiology, and agriculture.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.