Providing Support to Young People: A Guide to Interviewing in Helping Relationships Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: April 2007
File Size: 526 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This is an invaluable guide to making the most of helping relationships. It concentrates on the practicalities and explores how to structure the help practitioners give to young people.
Including case studies, reflective exercises, and dialogue examples that illustrate the model and use of skills, chapters cover:
- the context for youth support services and what ‘professional helping’ and youth support roles involve
- the practical development of the helping skills and strategies required by a practitioner
- concepts from various counselling models that have particular relevance for helping young people and discussing ‘hard to reach’ young people
- the stages of Egan’s skilled helper model in some depth, applying it particularly to youth support work.
Describing an accessible ‘how-to’ approach to engaging with young people, this book will be essential reading to all those working in information, advice, guidance and youth support settings, whether giving first-in-line or intensive support to young people.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $46.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.