Publishing Law Ebook
Publication Date: April 2011
File Size: 2121 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Publishing Law is a comprehensive guide to the law as it affects the publishing process. Written by the Copyright Counsel of the Publishers Association and a practising solicitor with many years experience of the publishing trade, this work will serve as a comprehensive handbook for all those who need a practical understanding of where and how the law may apply, including publishers, authors and agents, and all those involved with published material.
Hugh Jones and Christopher Benson address a range of key legal issues in the publishing process, including:
- copyright, moral rights, commissioning and contracts, including online and e-book issues
- libel and other legal risks such as negligence, privacy and obscenity
- infringement and defences such as fair dealing, trademarks and passing off
- consumer law, data protection, advertising and promotion, distribution and export
This fully updated fourth edition features:
- full coverage of electronic rights and e-commerce issues
- up to date coverage of changes in EU and UK legislation, including the Digital Economy Act 2010
Legal points are explained with reference to important statutes, cases and relevant trade practices. A revised glossary, lists of useful addresses and further reading are also provided.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $59.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.