Quick & Easy Jigs and Fixtures Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2009
File Size: 102190 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 23.57% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Simple and Effective Jigs You’ve Never Seen Before
Building effective jigs requires the right mindset, the right materials and the right plan. Kerry Pierce’s new book gives you all three as he shows you how to construct the 16 most effective jigs he uses in his shop every day to build world-class cabinetry, chairs and bent-wood boxes.
Using only simple tools and common hardware, Pierce has constructed jigs that you won’t find the plans for anywhere else. And once you get a look at these simple, beautifully drawn and photographed jigs, you’ll see why they deserve a place in your shop (even if you’ve built seemingly similar jigs in the past).
The difference is that Pierce- as he always does – has drilled deeply into the fundamentals needed to build these jigs. Using clear step-by-step photography, Pierce shows you exactly how he goes about constructing each jig so you’ll be ready to build your own from the outset- even if you’ve never built a single jig or fixture before.
In addition to the photos and the text, each jig includes a beautiful handmade construction drawing of the project. These hand-shaded and hand-lettered drawings are both a rarity in today’s computer-rendered world and are clear evidence of the care that went into every detail of this book. And if that’s not enough to make you sit up and pay attention, how about this: Only one of the jigs in this book has more than 10 parts!
Here’s just a small sample of the jigs you’ll build with this book:
- Build a tenon jig that cuts this joint on any piece of wood, no matter how oddly shaped it is. The secret is to hold on to the scraps you used to make the original part. Once you know this simple trick you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself and you’ll wonder why people build other jigs to do this operation that are mind-boggingly complex.
- Make two band saw jigs that allow you to transform square stock into octagons. If you turn on a lathe, these jigs are indispensable time-savers.
- If you need to turn furniture parts but aren’t an accomplished turner, you’re going to treasure the information in this book. Thanks to his simple toolrests, Pierce is able to use his middle-of-the-road turning skills to make furniture you wouldn’t believe is possible for most woodworkers (and his work has been featured in high-class galleries and exhibitions).
- Build three jigs for your drill press that will fundamentally change the way you use this machine. Most drill presses are designed for metalworking and are woefully equipped for making furniture. Pierce shows you how to build three jigs that allow you to drill accurate holes in large furniture assemblies with ease.
- Build jigs that hold your work without slipping or skittering around. Pierce shows you how to secure panels of any shape to your bench using dogs and wedges. And he locks anything into his vise for shaping using V-blocks that you can construct in just a few minutes. These simple devices will turn impossible tasks into a cakewalk.
Plus a Tour of Several Shops and Some Tips
To help you understand these jigs better, Pierce also shows you in great detail how his shop is laid out. While the building itself is a spacious, 28′ × 26′, the majority of it is taken up by racks for wood storage, so every inch of space counts. He also includes floorplans of other woodshops he’s familiar with so you can start to see how jigs and machine placement work hand-in-hand to make your work more efficient.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $19.10. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.