Radar, Hula Hoops and Playful Pigs Ebook
67 Digestible Commentaries on the Fascinating Chemistry of Everyday Life
Publication Date: September 1999
File Size: 870 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
Sorry. This product is unavailable for sale in your region.
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“Why do Cretans live longer than other people? Why are the wrong combinations of certain foods and drugs lethal? Can brazil nuts prevent cancer? Why do peanut bags expand on airplane flights? Just what IS the connection between Silly Putty and Flubber? Is there a difference between natural and synthetic vitamin E? How do you get rid of skunk smell? Why are witches linked with broomsticks? Why must bleach never be combined with acids? Why might the whiff of an armpit trigger romance? Why is fish known as ""brain food?"" Dr. Joe Schwarcz has been delighting readers for years in his weekly newspaper columns, collected here for the first time. Find out how a case from John Mortimer’s Rumpole of the Bailey provides a valuable lesson about foods that shouldn’t be combined with MAO inhibitors in ""Death by Souffle""; read about a chemistry prof who fooled the scientific community into believing that Lot’s wife was actually turned into a pillar of salt in ""The Lot of Lot’s Wife""; watch as two scientists battle it out for the right to claim bottled body odor as their own in ""The Whiff of Romance""; and learn why you really shouldn’t be throwing out your albedo (the stringy stuff found on the inner skin of citrus fruit) in ""This Pulp Isn’t Fiction."" With its blend of fascinating historical stories, anecdotes about everyday life, and debunking of nonsensicalcures and schemes, this book is guaranteed to amuse, inform, and delight."
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.