Recipe For Success, A Ebook
What YOU can Learn About Coping in a Food-Bombarded World From People With Prader-Willi Syndrome, an Extreme Eating Disorder.
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2007
File Size: 899 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
In North America, 64% of adults and 25% of children are overweight or obese. We are bombarded by food; it is everywhere we turn. People with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) are an untapped expertise in combatting this problem. People with this genetic disorder gain approximately 20-30% more weight on 50% less calories, and are driven to eat. The traditional approach to this syndrome was to lock up all food, and control, restrict, and supervise all activity. While people with PWS were kept alive, they had no quality of life. Today, there are leaders within the PWS community who are taking cutting-edge approaches to combating both health and quality of life issues. Their secrets are revealed within this book. “In 1999 the World Bank asked 60,000 people living on less than a dollar a day to identify the biggest hurdle to their advancement. It wasn’t food, shelter or health care. It was access to a voice.” www.videovolunteers.org In 2007 Albertans with Prader-Willi syndrome and their families were interviewed and they made the same plea.Prader-Willi syndrome is a genetic condition with a complex presentation of characteristics including a body chemistry that is a poor compliment to a pronounced food desire. However, the people interviewed did not ask for a new diet, or rehabilitation strategies. They asked that people listen. By empowering persons with Prader-Willi syndrome and their families to tell their stories, A Recipe For Success gives a voice to those who have been unheard, and inspires the people who fi ght for them. This book is a must read for anyone seeking; a cutting-edge approach to societal health and wellness; an answer to weight maintenance for themselves or someone they love, and/or; a means of supporting persons with disabling conditions such as Prader-Willi syndrome and beyond to achieve meaningful, healthy lives. This book explores health and wellness, with an emphasis on food drive, as well as disability culture, through the voices of self-advocates with PWS and families. It should be read by: . Parents of all children (disabled and not) who want to instill positive, healthy food practices. . Adults who have attempted diets and still not lost the weight.Adults who are seeking an alternate approach. . Doctors and other medical professionals who seek continuing education. . Teachers who are negotiating the balance between organic and teachable conditions. . Self-advocates with disabling conditions who want to explore their own personal voice through the voices of others experiencing stigma and oppression. . Family members of persons with disabling conditions who want to affirm their experiences and interpretations and learn how to navigate the systems. . Government administrators who want to inform their funding allocation. . Extended family, friends, and the public-at-large who want to understand disability and reexamine their attitudes. . Human service workers who want to know how best to support persons with disabling conditions and how to listen to families. . Anyone who wants to know about Prader-Willi Syndrome.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $50.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.