Reducing Salt in Foods: Practical Strategies Ebook
Practical Strategies. Woodhead Publishing in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition.
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Concerns have grown that consumption levels of salt are well above those needed for nutritional purposes and that this can lead to adverse effects on health, in particular cardiovascular disease. Consumers are increasingly looking to reduce their salt intake, making salt reduction a priority for food manufacturers. This is not straightforward, though, as salt plays an important role in food preservation, taste and processability. Written by a team of international experts, Reducing salt in foods provides a unique review of current knowledge in this field.
This book is divided into three parts and discusses the major issues concerned with salt reduction and how it may be achieved. Part one reviews the key health issues driving efforts to reduce salt, government action regarding salt reduction and the implications of salt labelling. Consumer perception of salt and views on salt reduction and are also discussed. The second part focuses on the technological, microbiological and sensory functions of salt and strategies that can be taken to reduce salt. The final part of the book outlines strategies which have been taken to reduce salt in particular food groups: meat and poultry, seafood, bread, snack foods, dairy products and canned foods.
Reducing salt in foods is an essential reference for health professionals, governments and food manufacturers.
- Discusses methods to reduce salt while maintaining food sensory quality, shelf-life and processability
- Provides a unique review of current knowledge in this field
- An essential reference for health professionals, governments and food manufacturers
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $245.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.