REFORM OF CHRISTIANITY Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2009
File Size: 191 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 19.42% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Reform for the World’s Principal Religion In the twenty-first century the religion with the most adherents throughout the world bases its doctrine principally upon a creed written in the fourth century. In the approximately 1800 years since the Nicene Creed was written, scientific knowledge has increased a thousand-fold. Scholars and theologians have studied the ancient records, especially the Bible, and have reached conclusions never imagined in the fourth century. Yet there has been little change in doctrine over these centuries. In the twenty-first century we know many things about the Christian religion that were not known in the fourth century. First, the Bible was written by many ordinary men whose understanding was limited by the small knowledge base of their time. Second, we are learning that many of the stories told about Jesus Christ, for example, the virgin birth, are tales told popularly about many great figures of earlier times and are undoubtedly not literally true. Third, we know that humans have redefined God many times throughout history. In our generation we need to understand what kind of a God could be loving but would not prevent the Holocaust. There is a wonderful Christian religion waiting for our recognition. Biblical scholars and theologians have been writing about it for decades. Unfortunately, the position of many churches is that their doctrine is and will always be infallibly correct. It is instructive to consider the great range of doctrine that we have in the different churches in this nation. They cannot all be infallibly correct. Reflect that Jesus had nothing to do with the doctrine of the Christian churches. When he died, he left only his wonderful teachings. Warring humans established the churches and have murdered thousands of their fellow Christians to try to assure that their particular doctrine is the one that is chosen as infallibly correct. It is time for the Christian Church to focus on the teachings of Jesus and gain a better understanding of God. About the Author: Norman Beecher was born in Florida and grew up in Florida and North Carolina. He went north for college and obtained an ScD degree from MIT. This led to a career in research management. His education was interrupted by 3½ years service in the Second World War. Here he learned something of the theological problem of evil when his division, the 14th Armored Division, led the battle group that opened the Dachau concentration camp. Since his retirement, he has read widely in Christian religious literature and has gained the conviction that the Christian Church must reform or die. He believes strongly in the value of the churches. This is not surprising in view of his many religious ancestors such as the Rev. Lyman Beecher, Harriet Beecher Stowe and the Rev. Henry Ward Beecher. Some of these ancestors also rebelled against archaic doctrine. In the early 1800s his great great-grandfather, the Rev. Lyman Beecher, was tried for heresy by the Presbyterian Church because he did not believe in preordination nor in the damnation of infants who died before they were baptized. Happily, he was unjustly acquitted. Henry Ward Beecher also held reformist ideas. Norman Beecher has written two earlier books, Fortunate Journey, a chronicle of the interesting members of his and his wife’s family and The Pre-Meditated Life, a guide for young people in making decisions.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.05. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.