Regulation and Compliance in Operations Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2003
File Size: 1702 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
‘Regulation and Compliance in Operations’ looks at how regulation affects the operations function by focusing on regulatory issues and drivers. As regulatory demands ever increasing, it is important for operations teams to be aware of the important regulatory issues which exist globally.
Like any other part of an organization in the financial services industry, operations has rules and regulations to comply with. Although many view regulation as being about rooting out rogue traders and controlling speculators, its role is much more profound than this, and without it many more ‘scandals’ would undoubtedly occur.
The problem for the regulator is that unless total oversight of every transaction, account, business and individual can be made, there will always be rogue traders or more recent examples like Enron and World.Com. As such intense oversight is not practical, the regulator can only do so much, with most of the responsibility resting with the firms and organizations themselves.
For operations teams their role in protecting the firm stems from their ability to manage critical processes like reconciliation, asset position agreements and the nostro accounts efficiently and effectively. Regulators need the help and support of the businesses to have a ‘business-friendly environment’. When some abuse the trust placed in them and the regulatory environment, a ‘scandal’ or worse occurs, with the result that the majority are penalized as regulators react to criticism and apply more onerous regulations.
It is often the operations teams that bear most, or at least some, of the repercussions of greater regulatory oversight of the business. It is therefore vitally important for operations teams to have a firm understanding of the regulatory issues and drivers. This book will help you gain that understanding, as well as looking at the important regulatory issues in the various global markets in which your business operates.
- This book completes the popular Securities Institute Operations Management Series
- Explains the role of regulation and compliance in UK, US and global financial markets
- Provides a valuable perspective from the operations department viewpoint without getting caught up in the minute details of regulations
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $74.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.