You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: March 2003
File Size: 328 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
From the best-selling nonfiction author, Michael B. Oren comes his first novel. Set in Belgium’s Ardennes Forest, the site of a brutal, last-ditch assault by the Nazis in December 1944, Reunion reunites the surviving members of the 133rd Infantry Battalion for one last chance to relive their youth, bury some old ghosts, and try to find answers to the mystery that has haunted the men for fifty years. Through these disparate and vivid characters, we learn of the other story of the 133rd-a story of the lingering effects of war, the potency of the human spirit and the courage that even simple men can muster, both at the beginning and the end of their lives.About the authorMichael B. Oren has authored numerous studies on the history and politics of the Middle East. He is currently a guest lecturer at Harvard, Yale, Oxford, and Cambridge. A graduate of Princeton and Columbia, he has received fellowships from the U.S. departments of State and Defense, and from the British and Canadian governments. In Israel, he has been a Lady Davis Fellow at Hebrew University and a Moshe Dayan Fellow at Tel-Aviv University. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Six Days of War: June 1967 and The Making of the Modern Middle East, published in 2002 by Oxford University Press. Reunion is his first novel.From the authorI have four degrees in Middle East history, and have spent most of my life working in government and writing nonfiction, and yet I’ve always considered myself, in spirit, a novelist. Even during my teen years when I only wrote poems, I had this sense that poetry was merely practice for fiction, the real thing. I started writing novels in my twenties, after my service in the Israeli army and after the Lebanon war, mostly black comedies-a way, perhaps, of coping with the terrors I’d survived. But it wasn’t until I’d lived for five years deep in the Negev desert, among rheumy-eyed Bedouin and disoriented Russian immigrants and Evangelic types reenacting the Biblical past, that I found a voice that was neither overtly poetic nor personally cathartic. The result was Sand Devil, a trilogy of novellas each set in the desert, each centered on the themes of beauty, isolation, and madness.My latest work of fiction arises from even stranger terrain-from my father’s stories of hardship and camaraderie during World War II. A twice-decorated veteran of the Battle of the Bulge, my father often took me to the reunions of his old army outfit. There, listening to men who had lived through unspeakable horrors-many of their experiences in combat I shared-I mentally recorded the real-life tales that became the basis of a new novel, Reunion. A human drama incorporating elements of romance, mystery, and war story, the novel delves into the subjects of youth and aging, of cowardice and heroism, and the enduring qualities of love.Today, as I continue my research on the history of the Middle East, I still consider myself a novelist. History is my vocation, my craft, and fiction, my art. I begin each day with two hours of fiction writing, followed by five of history. So, as I work on my next history project (a 200-year survey of American involvement in the Middle East), I’ve also started three new novellas on the themes that remain my tropes: love, loneliness, and the ultimate triumph of the self.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.