Rilla of Ingleside Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This is the eighth book in the “Anne of Green Gable” series and the third in LM Montgomery’s war novels. The main character, Bertha Marilla “Rilla” Blythe, was born to Anne Shirley Blythe in 1899 when Anne was 33. The story begins in 1914, and Rilla is 15 years old. She is a frivolous young girl who anticipates a life of neverending parties with an assortment of boyfriends at every turn. She has convinved her mother that she has no intention of attending college when she graduates from high school. Just as she is ready for lighthearted adventures of superficial meaning, World War I begins. Her brothers go off to battle, and Rilla is swept away into a dramatic test of her courage and tenacity which revolutionalizes her life. Rilla becomes a serious, hardworking woman whose time is taken over with Red Cross drives and filling in gaps in the work force left by the young men. She adopts an orphaned baby and waits silently and poignantly for her love to return. She realizes what is of consequence and what it takes to be a woman. This fictional account of W W I is the only modern portrayal by a Canadian woman about the home front. Montgomery resolved to praise the valor of those who fought and worked for the war effort. She kept journals that span the full four years of the war, and she dedicated the book to her cousin who died of the Spanish flu that resulted from the fields of combat. Please Note: This book is easy to read in true text, not scanned images that can sometimes be difficult to decipher. The Microsoft eBook has a contents page linked to the chapter headings for easy navigation. The Adobe eBook has bookmarks at chapter headings and is printable up to two full copies per year. Both versions are text searchable.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.