Rodney Stone: A Tale of the 18th Century Prize Ring Ebook
Publication Date: May 2011
File Size: 956 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The fighting was bare-knuckled, brutal and without mercy; but for one man it was the only way out of an even more merciless situation. Two boys, one destined for the sea-one for the prize-ring, come of age in a story that has more twists and turns than a roller-coaster. Along the way you will meet nautical luminaries like Cuthbert Collingwood, Thomas Cochrane and Horatio Nelson; notable figures like Beau Brummell, Lady Emma Hamilton, and the Prince of Wales (George IV); and famous fighters like Jem Belcher, Joe Berks and John Jackson. At the same time you will read unforgettable portraits of what life was like for both the common man and the social elite in the early 19th Century. It is a story, masterfully told, by one of the greatest story-tellers of all time… Sir Arthur Conan Doyle “Such a spectacle may brutalize those who are brutal, but I say that there is a spiritual side to it also, and that the sight of the utmost human limit of endurance and courage is one which bears a lesson of its own.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.16. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.