Rosalinda's Revenge Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2007
File Size: 397 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
On her wedding day Lady Rosalinda discovers her groom, Lord Harry Montague, has cried off, sending his best friend Simon Phelps to break the news to the jilted bride. The Duchess of Wallingford, Rosalinda’s iron-willed mother, decides Phelps will make a suitable last-minute replacement. The Duchess hastily concocts a fiction for the wedding guests that Simon was Rosalinda’s intended all along, with Lord Harry pretending to be the groom as an elaborate prank. When a drunken Lord Harry loudly proclaims his relief throughout London at his narrow escape from the parson’s mousetrap, casting doubt on the Duchess’s carefully-contrived cover story for her daughter’s wedding, the only way Rosalinda can see to avoid the effects of the scandal is to accompany her diplomat husband on his mission to America. She bravely embarks on her new life, but privately vows revenge against the perfidious Lord Harry. While in Boston Rosalinda matures beyond the indulged daughter and belle of the Beau Monde she was once into a thoughtful woman, and she learns to love the earnest and dependable Simon. Some well-timed advice from fellow Bostonian Abigail Adams helps, too, as does the maid Abigail recommends. Rosalinda becomes quite content with her new life, and writes to her mother to tell her about the good works she is doing in Boston-teaching Indian children, and participating in a local sewing circle. The aristocratic Duchess is appalled, even more so when she learns Rosalinda is pregnant and will give birth in what the Duchess considers a barely-civilized land. Rosalinda and Simon have a baby in Boston, and for a while it is smooth sailing for the young couple. Than two disasters happen: Lord Harry comes to Boston, at the behest of the Duchess, to bring Rosalinda home, and war breaks out between the United States and England. Rosalinda gets a further shock when she hears that Simon’s Washington-to-Boston packet ship was sunk, with no survivors. Before he left, Simon made her promise she would leave for England with the baby immediately if war broke out. Though distraught with worry and clinging to the hope that her husband is still alive, she goes to the harbor to board the last ship setting sail for England and discovers it is fully booked. One man has extra berths, though; Lord Harry, and he offers her and her baby their last chance of escape. Rosalinda takes Harry’s offer, but avoids him throughout the voyage. When they get to London the Duchess expects Rosalinda to get back into the social whirl when all Rosalinda wants is to find out for sure what happened to Simon. When Harry propositions her at a rout, Rosalinda’s dormant desire for revenge is rekindled, and she agrees to a rendezvous later that night in the park. But instead of showing up she sends her mother’s pug dog dressed in a tiara in her place. Unfortunately Simon, who has made it back to England, overhears the assignation, and he goes to the park and challenges Lord Harry to a duel. When Rosalinda learns of the duel, she tries to stop it, and actually intervenes, but Simon misinterprets her efforts as protecting Lord Harry. Thinking he’ll never replace Lord Harry in Rosalinda’s heart, Simon requests a diplomatic mission back in America. In order for these lovers to reunite, Simon must let go of his pride, Rosalinda has to abandon her dream of revenge, and the Duke has to ask a favor from the Foreign Secretary.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.29. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.