School Shootings Ebook
Publication Date: September 2008
File Size: 820 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 18.71% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
When You Send Your Children To School In The Morning,
Do You Worry That You May Never See Them Again?
In this insightful look at the danger that threatens students and families today, investigative journalist and longtime educator Joseph A. Lieberman takes us inside the minds and hearts of everyone affected by school shootings—and the kids who commit the shocking crimes.
Lieberman became intimately acquainted with this terrifying epidemic during an unforgettable, heartbreaking encounter with a traumatized survivor of a notorious school shooting. The issue became even more personal when his daughter’s schoolgrounds were invaded by an angry fifteen-year-old dropout with two loaded stolen handguns and extra ammunition. After years of intensive research, Lieberman shares his findings, shedding dramatic new light on school shootings—from Columbine to Virginia Tech and more—and offers practical strategies for how we can respond to and even prevent them.
School Shootings offers new understanding on:
- How many of the shooters were depressed or suicidal, or had psychotic symptoms
- Why it is almost always boys, rarely girls, who commit these killings
- Why so many school shootings have taken place in our current cultural climate
- How American incidents are similar to—and differ from—what’s happening in other countries
Whether you’re an educator, a parent, a counselor, or in law enforcement, School Shootings is timely, compelling, and indispensable.
“This book has been a real hit on campus. The students are drawn in immediately, and can hardly put the book down. It’s a great book for a College Reading course, and for getting students interested in reading again! I’ve used it two semesters, and look forward to using the updated version this Fall.” — Vicki M. Pettus, Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Language, Literature, and Philosophy, Kentucky State University
“Heartbreaking and eye-opening.” —Nancy Stap, radio host, Air America
“Riveting!” —Madalyn Tower, Oregon School Counselors Association
“This is the book that finally connects the dots and could help prevent the next school shooting.” —Nancy Willard, author of Cyberbullying, Cyberthreats
“Thoughtful and refreshingly frank, this book will no doubt save lives.” —Jodee Blanco, author of Please Stop Laughing at Me
With 16 pages of dramatic photos
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.56. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.