Science and the Media: Delgado's Brave Bulls and the Ethics of Scientific Disclosure Ebook
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 1552 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Of great utility for every scientist faced with publicizing their discoveries via the media, this book addresses questions of responsibility for the balance and accuracy of scientific reporting, and attempts to be a guide for the scientist in their quest to inform the general public about their research in honest, truthful, and still interesting ways. Case studies by leading scholars in the fields of bioethics (pharmaceutical research (Declan Doogan, Senior VP Pfizer), medical journal editing (Jerome Kassirer, former editor of NEJM), science journalism, philosophy of science, history of medicine (John Warner, chair history of medicine Yale), public health (Ruth Katz, Dean public health, George Washington University), and philosophy of religion (Reverend Wesley Carr, former Dean of Westminster) illustrate positions and points of view and offer unique perspectives on the complex dance between science and the media.
- Provides a compelling overview and analysis of the difficulties of dealing with mass media and collects tips and solutions.
- Includes case studies from the experience of a number of high profile contributors from different fields
- Provides an easy to read, carefully selected and synthesized overview well suited to teaching and as further reading source in respective classes
- Includes a famous movie from Jose Delgado that shows his attempts in the 60s to demonstrate “remote control” of a bull
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.19. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.