Secrets of the Viking Navigators - How the Vikings used their amazing sunstones and other techniques to cross the open ocean Ebook
Publication Date: April 2011
File Size: 8693 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“Most navigators have heard of Viking sunstones, but few realize they are more than legend. Leif Karlsen has brought them to life. He shows us how they work-now, and a thousand years ago-and what it was that led the Viking navigators to develop this unique tool for finding the direction to the sun, even when the sun is obscured by clouds or fog.”- David Burch, PhD, FIN, Director, Starpath School of Navigation "Using clues he gleaned from the Icelandic Sagas, his experience as a professional navigator, and from his voyages on “Borgunknarren”-a 60’ Viking ship replica-Leif K. Karlsen reveals the secrets of Viking navigation. Karlsen has done extensive research on the Viking “sunstone” and “horizon board” and explains how they work. This is an interesting, valuable, and educational contribution to the understanding of the Vikings’ success as navigators and seamen."- Dr. Alf Lunder Knudsen, Editor Emeritus Western Viking "The Norwegian Voice of America
Since 1889 If “cutting edge” can be used in relation to Viking navigation, this information is definitely it. Leif Karlsen is the world’s foremost scholar on the Viking sunstone. His well-researched and intelligent work on Viking navigation examines the sagas and combines that information with the experiential and practical research of just trying it out. It’s a comprehensive and accessible study that’s also a compelling analysis of the secrets of Viking navigators, and their unparalled success as sea-born explorers." Kristine Leander, Ph.D., Director, Leif Erikson International Foundation
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.43. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.