Seven days of Mania & years of Art Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2006
File Size: 1605 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
by David Richardson ISBN: 1905610653 ISBN 13: 978-1905610655 Published: 2006 Pages:24 Description “This is a concise book, that packs a punch, and will bring a smile to your face. The book commences with a small photo gallery of people on the mental health circuit in Cambridge UK, all of whom have inspired the writing of this book. The bulk of the book includes 33 paintings and drawings (amounting to 7 years work), depicting mind states, such as Schizophrenia, Manic Depression and Synasthesia, including psychiatric experiences and encounters with some blue beings. The dialogue alongside the paintings is a 7 day blog, giving example of the internal dialogue I hear when manic, often ridiculous, and sometimes sinister. The end of the book consists of a short discourse on Human Squalor, that philosophically dissects suffering, and concludes that when all hope is gone, one can find some happiness, in the complete abandonment of reality”. About the Author I started my working life as a tree surgeon, this I did for 8 years. Until one cold February morning I fell 50 foot from a tree. Resultantly, I developed and fear of heights and unusually water (the sea). I lost my job, and my manic depression reared its ugly head. However after a few years I found my way into science, achieving a first class honours in Biology at Plymouth University. Following this I entered into PhD research at St. Johns College Cambridge University. Two and a half years into this I developed mania; initially I was affected by believing I could see into the future, followed by instructions from God, which unwittingly I acted on, being in such an elated state. A hospitalisation followed. I never returned to my PhD. Since then I’ve had two sons but I live on my own after a divorce- mental illness was to blame, as my wife has schizophrenia. Currently I am trying to avoid becoming Elvis, and I avoid walking under houses and buildings as I have had a premonition that a roof tile will fall on my head and kill me….However, I see my two sons every day and they are a great inspiration to me, I love the way they think….. Extract “Looking into the thousand glassy eyes of a monkey made mad by standing, there is no ‘honest’ eye among them, Special Theory suggests that. Their tongues are full of complex treachery, their thoughts are unanchored windows with no frame of reference, they are lost islands of the lowest entropy in the universe, telling themselves lies and believing it”. “Like a dance stopped in mid career, love cut short, or a flower with its head unluckily snapped off, human squalor is no sherry party. To keep the dead completely dead, to keep the bedroom exactly as the departed left it, ten bottles of sherry will not suffice. Did Christ know how much He took away with Him when he left? In our paper mind all reality is in ruins. But then of course we know perfectly well He can not be used as a road, for all those approaching Him this way will not be approaching Him at all. World with out end, is no more than a chuckle in the darkness. Cancer, cancer, cancer cries the universe, pour a cup of tea over your head, shout cancer and die. It is incredible how much happiness, even how much gaiety we have after all hope is gone..”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.