Ship Design and Performance for Masters and Mates Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Ship Design and Performance for Masters and Mates is a quick to use, comprehensive reference that brings the key information needed to understand ship design and performance at your fingertips. The book covers all key aspects of ship design and performance, supplemented by exam revision one-liners. It does not assume detailed theoretical knowledge, but rather builds up the reader’s understanding of how the elements of ship design influence and impact on its performance, and how the engineer, crew and operators can maximise the performance of their vessel in operation.
Written by an experienced marine engineering consultant, author and lecturer, this book presents key facts and formulas, backed up throughout by relevant theory, illustrations and photographs. It includes examples of modern ship-types and their general particulars and covers topics ranging from design and power coefficients to types of ship resistance; types of ship speed; types of power on ships; designing a ship’s propeller; details of maximum ship squats; the phenomena of interaction of ships in confined waters; mechanisms for improving ship handling; and improvements in power output.
This book is an essential introduction and reference for students and those newly at sea, as well as for anyone involved with ship design, marine engineering, naval architecture, and the day-to-day operation of ships in port.
- Accessible information on understanding and improving ship performance at your fingertips
- Ideal for marine engineering students and those studying for certificates of competency
- Covers all key aspects of ship design and performance, with exam revision one-liners
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $49.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.