Short Story Collections: Volume 1 Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In the Short Story Series-Volume 1, author Joseph Decker provides his readers with three sci-fi stories dealing with UFOs, time warps, and an advanced civilization attempting to wipe out a plague that threatens its very existence. In “The Collectors,” a weekend outing to find artifacts in the desert by four friends-two engineers and two lawyers-results in the tables being turned on them and true friendships being tested to the limit. The desert presents its beauty as well as its dangers, especially at night when the darkness engulfs them and sounds, animals, and terrain amplify the dangers and the unknown that is before them. In “The Glow,” an advanced society is on constant alert and vigilance for a plague that, if allowed to spread, threatens their existence. Utilizing the latest in satellite reconnaissance, a constant surveillance of planets and moons in its area of responsibility is an ongoing activity. When a glow is detected on an uninhabited moon, immediate action is taken and the society goes into full alert to investigate and determine the cause of the glow to eliminate the problem. “The Stop Sign” deals with a young salesman as he travels in his red Corvette from California to Texas through the deserts of the southwest in order to see his girlfriend and future wife waiting for him in Corpus Christi, Texas. A non-believer in UFOs, paranormal activity, and sci-fi stories and movies, the young salesman is dealt with a series of events that changes his mind and makes him a believer…in the unknown. As he travels from California, he finds himself being unknowingly directed, and out of his way, to Roswell, New Mexico, where it all began. It is here where his adventure begins.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.05. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.