Signs Following Ebook
Publication Date: October 2005
File Size: 983 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing only 80 pages is allowed.
- You can copy-paste 80 text selections.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
SIGNS FOLLOWING explores how the language of poetry can engage with history, temporality, and the fact of embodiment in the physical world of change and difference, while yearning for some transcendent guarantee of meaning. The poems in SIGNS FOLLOWING express this tension by pushing their language, occasions, and formal attributes beyond a comfortable clarity in an attempt to discover what meanings and values, if any, can reside on the other side of the work. In the course of these explorations, the poems engage also with the history and limits of the lyric itself, testing the capacity of the sonnet, the villanelle and the ode, among others, to deal with conditions of personal, political and historical extremity. ABOUT THE AUTHOR Ger Killeen’s previous books include A Wren, which won the 1989 Bluestem Award for Poetry, and A Stone That Will Leap Over The Waves (Trask House Books, 1999). His work has been anthologized in From Here We Speak (Oregon State University Press), On the Counterscarp (Salmon Publishing), and American Poetry: The Next Generation (Carnegie-Mellon University Press). Killeen lives on the Oregon coast and is a professor in the Dept. of English Literature & Writing at Marylhurst University.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $12.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.