Social Economy: The Logic of Capitalist Development Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: August 2003
File Size: 4060 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Contrary to much Marxist thought, Everling does not view socialism as an antithesis to capitalism, and argues that socialism is, among other things, an objective development of capitalism. As capitalism develops it creates the premises for social development which are also the bases for a socialist and democratic construction of society.
Drawing on economics, urban geography, political theory and Marxism, Social Economy :
- Examines the evolution of capitalism from its early industrial to its present urban and global forms
- Shows how Marx understood the economy as a unity of production, distribution, exchange and consumption engaged in social reproduction
- Explores the contradictory evolution of US corporations and urban development from 1945 to the present
- Argues that urban space involves requirements for social and individual reproduction which extend well beyond limits inherent in transnational corporate private appropriation
Using his unique arguments, Everling makes the case that economic expansion can now best be secured by forms of development that take us beyond the limits of capitalism and point towards a democratic and socialist society.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $49.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.