Somebody's Baby Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2009
File Size: 1047 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Imagine this: On her deathbed, your mother confesses to an unthinkable crime. Thirty years before, she stole you from a New York City supermarket. She is not your mother. You are somebody’s baby, but not hers. This is Snow Devane’s story. At thirty-one, she is a successful child portrait photographer living in Manhattan. Her life is everything she wants it to be. And she has managed to establish some distance from the mother she loves but who would, given the opportunity, smother her with caring concern. Her mother’s deathbed confession upends Snow’s entire life. Who was this woman Snow thought she knew? What drove her to steal another woman’s child? What happened to the woman who, thirty years before, turned around to find her baby gone? And, finally, who is Snow Devane? As we travel with Snow on a course strewn with endless obstacles in her search to learn her true identity and that of the woman she knew as her mother, Somebody’s Baby takes you to the heart of the issue central to every one of us: the matter of our identity. Reviews: From American Woman Magazine, Nov/Dec 1995 Photographer Snow Devane is stunned by her mother’s deathbed confession: “I am not your mother!” Learning that she was abducted from a supermarket cart 30 years before, Snow undergoes a major identity crisis: Who were her birth parents, and who was this woman she called “Mom”? Snow and her assistant Katie set out to unravel the mystery. Charlotte Vale-Allen’s latest is heartwarming and compelling. West Coast Review of Books June 1995 Losing a parent is never easy. But when Snow Devane loses her mother to a sudden heart attack, she learns that she’s lost more than she could have imagined. On her deathbed, Anne Cooke tells her daughter that she is not really her mother-that when Snow was an infant, Anne Stole her from her real mother and took her for her own. In the wake of that confession, Snow must not only deal with her grief, but with a dizzying array of questions. Who are her true parents? Who was Anne Cooke, and what other secrets was she hiding? And most bewildering of all, who is Snow Devane? Looking for the answers is a daunting task, but fortunately, Snow has help. Katie Shimura, Snow’s best friend and business partner, sees the situation as an “Unsolved Mysteries” episode brought to life and wastes no time putting her amateur detective skills to use. At the same time Rudy Howell, Anne’s neighbor and the closest thing to a father Snow’s ever known, provides what guidance he can based on what little Anne ever told him about her past. Even people with whom Anne had business dealings do their best to help Snow solve the conundrums she faces. As the search continues though, it becomes clear that the answers Snow craves most can only come from herself. It is she, and she alone, who will have to decide what to do with her shaken and reordered life. No one else can do it for her. Baby stealing isn’t an unusual thing, unfortunately; it turns up in the daily paper with depressing regularity. It also makes frequent appearances in fiction. What Allen has done differently-and skillfully-is to look at what happens after the crime. In Somebody’s Baby we see how a parent’s worst nightmare can become a child’s most painful inheritance. It makes for a powerful and compelling story.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.55. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.