Sonic Resource Guide Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing only 410 pages is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2007
File Size: 10709 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing only 410 pages is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
“Sonic Resource Guide” is a reference book for the application of set theory principles to jazz improvisation. It is meant for the musician who wants to explore new sounds for improvisation or composition. The aim of “Sonic Resource Guide” is to bridge the gap between highly mathematical pitch class theory books and the often limited scope of jazz improvisation methods by demonstrating various musical relationships that an improviser can use to create fresh sounding musical content. The book reduces note relationships down to two hundred and twenty prime forms. Endless combinations of notes can be derived from these prime forms which are commonly referred to as pitch class sets. The various melodic and harmonic relationships of these pitch class sets are listed to help a musician locate and utilize these relationships within their own playing. Along with each pitch class set is a listing of possible related jazz chords. Where appropriate a listing of all three and four note chords can be found to aid in creating varied and unique harmonic pallettes, as well as three, four, six and eight note subset relationships to help in exploring subset based musical ideas. Jazz musicians will find this book user friendly because all relationships are listed as both pitch names and scale degrees. Set theory students will find each pitch class set is also expressed in its prime form. An index containing a simplified set list is also included to help in locating a prime form’s scales from any note combination. There is also a brief theory section exploring some of the uses of the information presented. Further books will explore these theoretical relationships in depth. TOC Background information Prime form and Integer Notation Prime for example Integer notation example 220 Prime forms Melodic and Harmonic possibilities for the 220 prime forms Background information on Chord/Scale relationships Chord Tones, Tensions and Avoid Notes Example of Chord Tone, Tensions and Avoid Notes Chord Tone, Tension and Avoid notes for: Major Chord Minor Chord Dominant Chord Dominant 7th Sus4 Chord Minor 7th Flat 5 Chord Diminished Chord Minor Major 7 Chord Major 7th Sharp 5 Chord Explanation of scale application to typical chord types in all keys Symmetrical Difference Lists and Groupings application Ditonic or Diad Scales (2 Note) Tritonic or Trichord Scales (3 Note) Tetratonic or Tetrachord Scales (4 Note) Pentatonic Scales (5 Note) Hexatonic Scales (6 Note) Heptatonic Scales (7 Note) Octatonic Scales (8 Note ) Nonatonic Scales (9 Note) Decatonic Scales (10 Note) Hendecatonic Scales (11 Note) Dodecatonic Scales (12 Notes) Two Note Scales Three Note Scales Four Note Scales Five Note Scales Six Note Scales Seven Note Scales Eight Note Scales Nine Note Scales Ten Note Scales Eleven Note Scales 3 Note Indexes 012 Hexatonic Combinations 013 Hexatonic Combinations 014 Hexatonic Combinations 015 Hexatonic Combinations 016 Hexatonic Combinations 024 Hexatonic Combinations 025 Hexatonic Combinations 026 Hexatonic Combinations 027 Hexatonic Combinations 036 Hexatonic Combinations 037 Hexatonic Combinations 048 Hexatonic Combinations 4 Note Indexes Two Tetrad Combinations 8 Note Indexes Two Tetrad Combinations Three Tetrad Combinations Set List Directions Set List table for finding prime form
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $24.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.