Split Second: Real Life Experiences From Behind The Thin Blue Line Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Split Second provides a rare, confronting and honest account of front line policing behind the ‘thin blue line’. For nearly 16 years, Jeff Garland served as a proud member of the NSW Police Force, risking his life to uphold the law and protect the community. His career, moulded on the streets of inner city Redfern and the infamous ‘Block’, was flooded with a multitude of violent and life-threatening incidents, arresting drug dealers, robbers and murderers, and wrestling armed, drug-affected and suicidal offenders. Despite being spat on, kicked, punched, bitten, bullied and almost stabbed, shot, run-down, drowned, Jeff’s greatest challenge and legacy was his battle, and subsequent recovery from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). An insatiable love and appetite for the job and the ‘police family’ led him on a truly inspirational journey through the depths of depression, suicidal thoughts and medical discharge to being on the road to recovery. Split Second- documented over 13 years – reveals Jeff’s real-life experiences and provides an invaluable insight into police-life and PTSD, offering a unique perspective on how to cope, encouraging support and education for Police and their loved ones and promoting change within the policing culture. His vulnerability, courage and resilience regaled within his words will move and inspire anyone who dares to turn the page.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $12.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.