Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“This book is to be recommended as a standard shelf reference . . . and as a ‘must’ to be read by all who wish to better use and understand data involving dichotomous or dichotomizable measurements.”
- American Journal of Psychiatry
In the two decades since the second edition of Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions was published, evolving technologies and new methodologies have significantly changed the way today’s statistics are viewed and handled. The explosive development of personal computing and statistical software has facilitated the sophisticated analysis of data, putting capabilities that were once the domain of specialists into the hands of every researcher.
The Third Edition of this important text addresses these changes and brings the literature up to date. While the previous edition focused on the use of desktop and handheld calculators, the new edition takes full advantage of modern computing power without losing the elegant simplicity that made the text so popular with students and practitioners alike. In authoritative yet clear terminology, the authors have brought the science of data analysis up to date without compromising its accessibility.
Features of the Third Edition include:
- New material on sample size calculations and issues in clinical trials, and entirely new chapters on single-sample data, logistic regression, Poisson regression, regression models for matched samples, the analysis of correlated binary data, and methods for analyzing fourfold tables with missing data
- The addition of many new problems, both numerical and theoretical
- Answer sections for numerical problems and hints for tackling the theoretical ones
- A frequentist approach enhanced by the inclusion of empirical Bayesian methodology where appropriate
Combining the latest research with the original studies that established the previous editions as leaders in the field, Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions, Third Edition will continue to be an invaluable resource for students, statisticians, biostatisticians, and epidemiologists.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $145.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.