Strengths-Based Batterer Intervention: A New Paradigm in Ending Family Violence Ebook
Publication Date: June 2009
File Size: 2061 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing 20 pages every 20 days is allowed.
- Copying 20 text selections every 20 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“This book harkens a new era of intimate partner violence intervention, one in which we are free to experiment with alternative ways to end intimate partner abuse.”
-Julia C. Babcock, PhD
Professor, University of Houston, TX (From the Foreword)
“The book you hold in your hands offers a variety of approaches intended to help abusive men change by utilizing the strengths and assets they already possess.”
Chris Huffine, PsyD
Allies in Change Counseling Center
Portland, OR (From the Foreword)
Strengths-based batterer intervention programs serve as a unique approach to intimate partner violence (IPV), building on individual strengths-not deficits-to help IPV offenders end their abusive lifestyles. This book assists counselors in providing IPV offenders with the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to permanently change their offending behavior.
The book discusses emerging theories and presents cutting-edge batterer intervention techniques that use positive psychology, such as solution-focused therapy, strengths-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Chapters are conveniently organized by therapeutic model, each discussing the latest research, core concepts, objectives, and applications
- Case studies, both real-life and hypothetical, presenting quotes from and dialogues with offenders undergoing treatment
- Counselor tools, including exercises, questions, and assessment strategies that build on the offenders’ strengths and competencies
Family violence professionals must recognize the power their clients have to utilize their strengths, skills, talents, desires, and dreams. It is from these strengths that clients will be able to transform themselves into the people they want to be.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $54.58. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.