Structural Monitoring with Fiber Optic Technology Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2001
File Size: 24855 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This book is the first to address the field of structurally integrated fiber optic sensors. Fiber optic sensors embedded within materials and systems are able to measure a variety of parameters (i.e. temperature, vibration, deformation, strain, etc.) that allows for real time non-destructive evaluation. Examples include the following: monitoring structural fatigue in aging aircraft or loads in bridge structures. In more advanced applications, fiber optic sensors control actuators that allow materials to adapt to their environment. This gives rise to the names, “smart,” “intelligent,” and/or “adaptive” materials or structures.
Structural Monitoring with Fiber Optic Technology is the firs single author book on the new field of fiber optic structural sensing. As such it provides: coverage of the fundamentals of the technology, a coherent and systematic discussion on the most important aspects of the subject, a broad view of the subject, while retaining a degree of focus on those advances most significant in terms of their future potential, particularly in regard to broad implementation of the technology. The book provides an introduction to the relevant value to structural monitoring. It also highlights the advantages of fiber optic based sensors over conventional electrical measurement technology.
The book richly illustrates the subject matter with 615 figures and provides many examples of fiber optic structural sensing, including a detailed overview of a number of major field site applications. Most of these large scale applications are drawn from the civil engineering community as they have been the first to strongly embrace fiber optic structural monitoring. This is especially true for bridges, where innovative new designs and the use of fiber reinforced polymer composite materials to replace steel represents a major advance that is expected to revolutionize the construction industry. Examples include new bridges, which are serving as testbeds for these new materials and are instrumented with arrays of fiber optic structural sensors. In one case, this state-of-the-art monitoring system permits engineers at a distant site to track the response of the bridge to traffic loads and keep an eye on the long term performance of the new materials. Fiber optic structural sensing technology is equally applicable to other industrial sectors, such as the aerospace and marine industries. Indeed, several examples of ships being instrumented with arrays of fiber optic sensors are also included.
- The author directed one of the leading laboratories in the development of this technology and its application to civil engineering
- Provides a strong, concise foundation in the basics of the technology
- Includes many examples of the application of the technology, including many major field site case studies
- Richly illustrated with 615 figures, many redrawn to make them easier to understand; also includes over 600 references
- Written in a style designed to help the reader unfamiliar with fiber optic technology appreciate what can be accomplished with this new form of structural monitoring
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $200.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.