Student Retention in Online, Open and Distance Learning Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: December 2003
File Size: 1948 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Student retention has become a key issue for all further and higher education institutions and is a major concern among those involved in online learning courses where retention rates are often even poorer than those for traditional campus-based courses. There is increasing recognition that student retention is the responsibility of the actual institutions running the courses, and that it is within their power to encourage sustained participation without compromising academic standards.
In this book, Ormond Simpson provides a clear, accessible analysis of what works and at what cost. He outlines strategies for increasing retention, providing useful case studies and examples to illustrate how these strategies can change institutional policy and practice. Areas covered include:
- Who drops out and why
- ‘Retentioneering’ an institution
- Recruitment and retention
- Course design.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.