Surface Coatings for Protection Against Wear Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
As wear is a surface or near surface phenomenon it has long been realised that the wear resistance of a component can be improved by providing a surface of different composition from the bulk material. Although this book concentrates on surface coatings, the distinction between surface coatings and the process of modifying the surface by changing its composition is not always clear, so some useful surface modification techniques are also considered.
Surface coatings for protection against wear, consists of twelve chapters written by different authors, experts in their field. After a brief introductory chapter wear phenomena and the properties required from a coating are addressed. Chapter three covers coating characterisation and property evaluation relevant to wear resistance with an emphasis on mechanical testing of coatings. The next chapter provides an introduction to the various methods available to deposit wear resistant coatings. The following six chapters describe in detail wear resistant coatings produced by various deposition routes. Emphasis is placed on the microstructure property relationship in these coatings. Chapter eleven addresses coatings and hardfacings, produced from welding processes, specifically modern developments such as friction surfacing and pulsed electrode surfacing techniques. The final chapter is dedicated to future trends in both coating materials and coating processes.
Surface coatings for protection against wear is essential for anyone involved in selecting coatings and processes and will be an invaluable reference resource for all engineers and students concerned with the latest developments in coatings technology.
- Essential for anyone involved in selecting coatings and processes, engineers and students
- Written by an international team of experts in the field
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $263.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.