SUSE Linux 10.1 Kick Start Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2006
File Size: 5685 Kbytes
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
SUSE Linux 10.1 Kick Start is a quick, task-oriented electronic guide to installing, configuring, extending and troubleshooting the hot new SUSE Linux 10.1 distribution and its most important new features — including the awe-inspiring XGL 3D graphics for the desktop and handy NetManager utility for trouble-free wi-fi access anywhere.
Delivered in Adobe PDF format for quick and easy access, SUSE Linux 10.1 Kick Start is an electronic resource that clearly and concisely shows new SUSE 10.1 users how to get installation and configuration right the first time. No long and windy discussions of the politics of open source, no painfully slow walkthroughs of already intuitive desktop software — just a to-the-point, ultra-accessible guide showing the steps to take to successfully install and configure SUSE Linux 10.1 for desktop computing.
Table of Contents
1 Introducing SUSE Linux 10.1
1.1 The different versions of SUSE Linux
1.2 Changes since SUSE Linux 10.0
1.3 Release information, supported architectures, and system requirements
1.4 Licensing and rights: what you can and can’t do with SUSE Linux
2 Installing SUSE Linux 10.1
2.1 32-bit or 64-bit?
2.2 Upgrade tips and information
2.3 Switching from other GNU/Linux distributions
2.4 Switching from Microsoft Windows
2.5 Preinstall checklist
2.6 Booting from the installation media
2.7 Installer configuration options
2.8 Drive partitioning
2.9 Selecting software packages
2.10 Finalizing your settings
2.11 Hostname, Root Password, Networking, and Users
2.12 Release notes
2.13 Graphics, printers, and sound card configuration
2.14 First boot
3 Post-install configuration
3.1 Configuring your computer with YaST and SaX
3.2 Networking and modems
3.3 Installation sources
3.4 Staying up to date
3.5 Installing the ATI video driver
3.6 Installing the Nvidia video driver
3.7 DVD video playback for 32-bit systems
3.8 DVD video playback for 64-bit systems
3.9 Playing Windows media files
3.10 Adding more software
3.11 Enhancing your graphics with XGL and Compiz
3.13 Sound configuration
3.14 Setting up email
4 Transferring data from Microsoft Windows
4.1 Mass transfer of data and settings from Microsoft Windows
4.2 Data destinations: where to put your files
4.3 Moving old email from Windows
4.4 Moving system fonts from Windows
4.5 Using MS Office documents in SUSE 10.1
5 Where to go for help
5.1 Web links
5.2 Related books and further reading
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.