Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater Ebook
For Decision Makers and Practicing Engineers
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In many countries, especially in developing countries, many people are lacking access to water and sanitation services and this inadequate service is the main cause of diseases in these countries. Application of appropriate wastewater treatment technologies, which are effective, low cost (in investment and especially in operation and maintenance), simple to operate, proven technologies, is a key component in any strategy aimed at increasing the coverage of wastewater treatment.
Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater presents the concepts of appropriate technology for wastewater treatment and the issues of strategy and policy for increasing wastewater treatment coverage. The book focuses on the resolution of wastewater treatment and disposal problems in developing countries, however the concepts presented are valid and applicable anywhere and plants based on combined unit processes of appropriate technology can also be used in developed countries and provide to them the benefits described.
Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater presents the basic engineering design procedures to obtain high quality effluents by treatment plants based on simple, low cost and easy to operate processes. The main message of the book is the idea of the ability to combine unit processes to create a treatment plant based on a series of appropriate technology processes which jointly can generate any required effluent quality. A plant based on a combination of appropriate technology unit processes is still easy to operate and is usually of lower costs than conventional processes in terms of investment and certainly in operation and maintenance. Chapters in the book are organized in a practical and accessible way to:
- Demonstrate selected unit process of appropriate technology and provide the scientific basis, the equations and the parameters required to design the unit processes, with some innovations developed by the authors.
- Highlight design procedures for selected combined processes which are in use in developing countries.
- Propose an innovative Orderly Design Method (ODM), which is easy to follow by practicing engineers, using the equations and formulas developed, once the fundamentals of each unit and combined process have been established.
- Provide a numeric example for the basic design of each selected appropriate technology process for a city with a population of 20,000 using the ODM and an Excel program which will be provided to the readers for download from an online web page.
This book is a valuable and practical resource for all wastewater treatment engineers in field and the operational managers of waste treatment facilities.
Authors: Menahem Libhaber, PhD, Consulting Engineer to the World Bank and other institutions, Alvaro Orozco Jaramillo, MSc, Consulting Engineer to the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, Biwater and other institutions in various countries.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $154.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.