Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater Ebook
For Decision Makers and Practicing Engineers
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2012
File Size: 15688 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 28.04% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
In many countries, especially in developing countries, many people are lacking access to water and sanitation services and this inadequate service is the main cause of diseases in these countries. Application of appropriate wastewater treatment technologies, which are effective, low cost (in investment and especially in operation and maintenance), simple to operate, proven technologies, is a key component in any strategy aimed at increasing the coverage of wastewater treatment.
Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater presents the concepts of appropriate technology for wastewater treatment and the issues of strategy and policy for increasing wastewater treatment coverage. The book focuses on the resolution of wastewater treatment and disposal problems in developing countries, however the concepts presented are valid and applicable anywhere and plants based on combined unit processes of appropriate technology can also be used in developed countries and provide to them the benefits described.
Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Municipal Wastewater presents the basic engineering design procedures to obtain high quality effluents by treatment plants based on simple, low cost and easy to operate processes. The main message of the book is the idea of the ability to combine unit processes to create a treatment plant based on a series of appropriate technology processes which jointly can generate any required effluent quality. A plant based on a combination of appropriate technology unit processes is still easy to operate and is usually of lower costs than conventional processes in terms of investment and certainly in operation and maintenance. Chapters in the book are organized in a practical and accessible way to:
- Demonstrate selected unit process of appropriate technology and provide the scientific basis, the equations and the parameters required to design the unit processes, with some innovations developed by the authors.
- Highlight design procedures for selected combined processes which are in use in developing countries.
- Propose an innovative Orderly Design Method (ODM), which is easy to follow by practicing engineers, using the equations and formulas developed, once the fundamentals of each unit and combined process have been established.
- Provide a numeric example for the basic design of each selected appropriate technology process for a city with a population of 20,000 using the ODM and an Excel program which will be provided to the readers for download from an online web page.
This book is a valuable and practical resource for all wastewater treatment engineers in field and the operational managers of waste treatment facilities.
Authors: Menahem Libhaber, PhD, Consulting Engineer to the World Bank and other institutions, Alvaro Orozco Jaramillo, MSc, Consulting Engineer to the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, Biwater and other institutions in various countries.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $154.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.