Take Control of Screen Sharing in Lion Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Screen sharing gives you the power to control the mouse and keyboard of one Mac while you sit at another, whether it’s just across the room or on the other side of the world. It’s great for helping far-flung colleagues and relatives run their Macs, managing a remote server, and collaborating in real time on documents.
In recent versions of Mac OS X, Apple has piled on the options, enabling screen sharing via iChat, Bonjour, directly by entering an IP address, and Back to My Mac. Plus, Skype can do screen sharing with Macs and Windows computers, and various iOS apps let you run your Mac by tapping and dragging.
Join networking guru Glenn Fleishman as he helps you identify the best screen-sharing option for your needs. You’ll learn how to set up screen sharing, get tips on using iChat and Apple’s Screen Sharing application, and find directions for Skype screen sharing. A separate chapter explains how to use the iTeleport and LogMeIn apps on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to run a Mac remotely.
What hardware and software does this ebook discuss? This ebook is about screen sharing between two Macs running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, but it is also your go-to ebook about screen sharing with 10.6 Snow Leopard and 10.5 Leopard. For the iOS apps covered, you should be running iOS 3 or later.
You’ll learn how to:
- Set up your Mac so that it can be controlled from your iPhone.
- Start using screen sharing to help your confused uncle with his Mac.
- Find and launch the built-in Screen Sharing application on your Mac.
- Control an unattended Mac from far away.
- Turn on Back to My Mac with MobileMe or iCloud.
- Get set up and begin to share your screen through Skype.
- Give a presentation to a remote location through iChat Theater.
- Wake up a remote Mac in order to control it through screen sharing.
- Copy text from one computer to another while sharing screens.
- Put a shared screen in its own Full-Screen display in Lion.
- Control a far-away Mac through screen sharing when another user is logged in to that same Mac with a different account.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.05. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.